Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line-based Filled Region

Several questions packed into one here:
    I'm trying to make a Line-based family which is basically a Filled Region you can stretch
    Linehatch.PNG

Q1.) Doubt that this is possible, but is there any way to make the corners join cleanly? (Like Wall joins)
    Q2.) Can I "automatically" make this go to the background?
    Q2.5) What's the deal with the pattern? I can make almost everything else Transparent, but evidently, you can't make a Solid Filled Region transparent in a Generic Annotation family. ?!? I can make "Solid" transparent in the project, I can make any other pattern transparent in the GA, I just can't make Solid transparent in a GA family. And I can't add a Filled Region AT ALL to any other type of family.

I think I'm 0 for 3.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

any way to do it out of a wall that's on a different phase? I don't know what you're using it for, though.
    Dan

Comment

It's for a Fire Tape.
      Right now, I think I'm on about method #6.
      Current method #5 uses Repeating Details, but those look pretty crappy on the corners, too.
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Can't you just spec that in a schedule somewhere?
        Dan

Comment

If you want a solid line with a solidcolor for the fire rating, you can just make a line based compenent that is made up of a line. Create a new object style within the detail component with a thickness and color. When I made firetape for my company, I did a thickness of 8, but also added a label and an array to get the text to automatically come in above the line.

Also, if you use a line - the corners will look rounded and will clean up the way you want. See below for a sample of what this looks like.

Fire Tape Sample.PNG

Comment