Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curtain Wall pair of doors center offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curtain Wall pair of doors center offset?

started a curtain wall pair of doors family this morning using the OOTB Door - Curtain Wall.rft. No matter what I do when I load the family into a project the center of the doors is offset. In the attached screen shot the door has two extrusions with all sides locked to the RPs at the perimeter RP's and center RP. The family has an existing eq/eq dim constraint for the center RP to the left and right RP's which should keep the center of the doors centered but it's not working correctly. Has anyone run into this problem before? I can upload the family if anyone wants to look at it.
    Dave Jones
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Last edited by Dave Jones; February 21, 2011, 12:59 AM. Reason: matched question to attachment
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Odd... but let´s see the family :beer:
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
      Odd... but let´s see the family :beer:
      here it is. Be aware that I was changing a lot of the RP's and parameter dims around trying to figure out the problem so don't critique the content. Doesn't matter. You can start a new family with the OOTH box cw door template, create one extrusion and lock it's four sides to the outside RP's the draw a line down the middle and load it into a project and replace a curtain panel with the door family. The line at the center will be offset. Very strange

Comment

Dave "unpin" the center ref. plane and all works.
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mark b View Post
          Ahh... Excellent! Sometimes there is an easy solution to a problem, but one just cannot see it clearly, not until a lot of :banghead:
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

where were you 9 hours ago?

I should have posted this question here this morning instead of :banghead: all day! Thanks Mark! I'll check out this solution in the morning PDT

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              where were you 9 hours ago?

I should have posted this question here this morning instead of :banghead: all day! Thanks Mark! I'll check out this solution in the morning PDT
              9 hrs ago I was asleep :laugh: besides you would have learn't alot in the process of :banghead:
              Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

From the image you posted it seemed that the center of the doors is slightly off the center line (not constrained but maybe thats just a graphics issue)
                Juan Carlos Moreno
                Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
                Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Originally posted by JCM View Post
                  From the image you posted it seemed that the center of the doors is slightly off the center line (not constrained but maybe thats just a graphics issue)
                  it's definitely off center but it's not a graphics issue which is why I provided the dimensions on the screen shot. Mark b's tip to unpin the center RP was the solution to the problem and now my pair of doors will live happily in project land

Comment

9 hrs ago I was asleep :laugh: besides you would have learn't alot in the process of :banghead:
                    yeah, I learned that sometimes it's better to awaken you rather than :banghead: for 9 hours.

:thumbsup: for the solution, works great!

Comment