Filled Regions not playing nice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled Regions not playing nice.

I have a detail component of a insulated CMU block. its pretty baisc. 3 filled regions and line work to go with it.

My problem is with the filled regions. I have a cross hatch for the concrete portion or the block, a conc hatch for the voids, and a corser cross hatch for the insualted parts. My detail has the walls at a 45 degree coner. the cross hatch dose not allign to the element. Ive changed the settings of the filled patterns in both the family and project.

Am I missing something? Why wont the filled region allign to the element? I want the corss hatch to always be at a 45 to the element?
    Attached Files
    -Alex Cunningham

Drafting patterns don't align with elements, you need to use a model pattern
    Rick Moore, AIA
    Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects

Comment

Can you use a model pattern in a detail component?

Comment

I just did it.. So I guess you can use model patterns in detail components.

Thanks Guys
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Alex Cunningham; February 14, 2011, 10:32 PM. Reason: ADDED PICTURE
        -Alex Cunningham

Comment

You can set a drafting pattern to align with element, but what in means is "align with element when the element is a wall, floor, roof or ceiling and nothing else". Another flavor of the crappy looking plywood problem. Which is further exacerbated by the fact that the model pattern you want is "too small" for Revit to cope with. The model pattern kludge will work for CMU or brick, but not the plies in plywood.

Gordon
          Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

How did you get your callout bubble without the leader and the outline part?
            Dan

Comment

Its a dummy symbol, not all the drawings of this project are in revit. Was one of the first projects in revit for my office. :-\
              Attached Files
              -Alex Cunningham

Comment

So it doesn't link to the detail? What kind of Revit user are you!?! lol
                Dan

Comment

Now you put your name in your signature!!!! geeze

The Detail dosent even exist within Revit. This project was started before my time, and like I said it was one of the first Revit projects in my office.
                  -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Price View Post
                    You can set a drafting pattern to align with element, but what in means is "align with element when the element is a wall, floor, roof or ceiling and nothing else". Another flavor of the crappy looking plywood problem. Which is further exacerbated by the fact that the model pattern you want is "too small" for Revit to cope with. The model pattern kludge will work for CMU or brick, but not the plies in plywood.

Gordon
                    It's a freakin nightmare to create but with these kind of details I model the hatch pattern using parametric detail lines. All other solutions I find to be crappy at the least. The model patterns don't scale, the drafting patterns don't allign...
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment