Unnatached Voide in Family not Cutting Floor in Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unnatached Voide in Family not Cutting Floor in Project

Or: Why Doesn't this Work as Advertised? A true story by rkitect, inspired by Autodesk products...

I created a void, unattached to anything in the family, in a face based plumbing fixture. The "Cut With Voids When Loaded" parameter is checked. Have it in my project, hosted to a floor, the original void that cuts the floor host works fine. Will not let me select a floor when I use the cut command. I can select Structural Framing and Structural Beams, but not floors. Any thoughts?
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

@Revittotd: learn to read your status bar n00b, and try selecting the object to be cut first, and then your cutting family. Man I hate you rookies who can't read before asking a question...
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment