View range and window family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View range and window family

My plans does not show proper window details. Different view ranges i have tried and nothing helps,plan does not represent reality of how the window is applied. Compare picture 2 and 3.
    1st picture is window family ref plane.
    Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Check the Cutplanes in the Window family, and any nested families... Set the cut plane so that it cuts where you'd want it, IN the family editor... Not sure if this still aplies, but it used to be a known "bug"
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Few pointers here (cause it is a known bug indeed):
      I've seen this happen in cases where the window was modelled sitting on top of the Ref Level in the Family Editor and placed at height by using the Default Sill Height parameter in project. With small windows, Revit get's confused.
      I've also seen this happen when the top jamb (?) / mullion was modelled hosted on the Ref Level and given an offset to the proper height. Revit "sees" the connection between Ref Level and top jamb and shows it. You need to host the top Jamb on the top refplane.
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Tried to change in family editor cut plane many times different measures, does not change.
        To notice you, i do not use proper family workflow, i do not make many parameters, i lock some dimensions. This could be the reason. Could you check it please?
        Attached Files

Comment

You have this little square thingy on top of your frame. Turn it off in Plan/RCP (and next time, model it on the top refplane, not on the vertical refplane "asd". Now it also refers to the Families Ref Level)
          Attached Files
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

The Default Sill Height parameter is poorly named IMHO. I just had a window that would not show in plan views. It turned out to be related to this issue. A great explanation is here "Default Sill Height" changes the "cut plane" display of the Window!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think so. I don't agree with the statements in that post in Augi. I can't reproduce the results that are described in that post. Can you provide an .rvt file that proves this?
              Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

See attached.

It took me a long time to find this solution, but it does seem to work consistently for me now.
                Provided my Default Sill Height (in either family or project environment) is below the Cut Plane level as set IN THE FAMILY ENVIRONMENT then the window shows OK in the project environment.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by anthonyB; October 13, 2015, 04:56 AM.

Comment

I think I now have to retract the above statement.
                  With shame I have to admit it was/is operator error (Mine) and share the following for collective knowledge.
                  I had replaced the actual window frame and panel with a plan symbol nested family in the plan view.
                  But that nested family is not a flat 2d Detail Item, but a 3d (non-hosted) Window family with Detail Lines.
                  And I had not tied down its elevation (Offset) parameter.
                  So I guess it has always been floating up and down in space, being pulled and pushed by other nearby elements, but luckily within the visible region. But recently it has slid out of range.
                  I have now tied the nested family to the Default Sill Height and it seems to be working, so far.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your discoveries. Sorry I had not continued the conversation, after you provided the sample file. (I've been terribly busy...) :hide:
                    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment