Symbolic Elemant Visibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbolic Elemant Visibility

Im creating a family where i want to have symbolic linework displayed only when the object is cut.

Can anyone explain why this option is greyed out in the visibility graphic dialog box of detail components and symbolic lines?

am i missing a trick here, or does the function 'show only if instance is cut' simply not work at all??

please help

What family category did you create it in? Some families, like furniture, can't be cut.
    Dan

Comment

And welcome to the forum btw...
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Number 7 View Post
        Can anyone explain why this option is greyed out in the visibility graphic dialog box of detail components and symbolic lines?...
        Because the category of the model family in which you are trying to do this cannot be cut, therefore the visibility option of "show only if instance is cut" does not apply to any element in the family. If you change the category of the family to one that can be cut, then that option will become available again. To know which categories can be cut and which cannot, check the Visibility Graphics window of any project, in the Model Categories tab, under "Cut / Patterns"; the categories that have the cell in white color can be cut; the ones that have the cell in grey cannot.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Alfredo Medina; October 26, 2011, 03:24 AM.
        Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Thaks for the input guys, i din't realise this option was so limited!

Right so, i am creating a Roof Hatch / AOV from a roof hosted generic model family. so according to the the project visibility graphics this category can't be cut.
          With that said, the next logical category for this to be under would be a window, so does anyone have any suggestions for how to make a family like this not appear in the window schedule by defult? Or, suggestions for an appropriate category for a family like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Number 7 View Post
            Thaks for the input guys, i din't realise this option was so limited!

Right so, i am creating a Roof Hatch / AOV from a roof hosted generic model family. so according to the the project visibility graphics this category can't be cut.
            With that said, the next logical category for this to be under would be a window, so does anyone have any suggestions for how to make a family like this not appear in the window schedule by defult? Or, suggestions for an appropriate category for a family like this?
            I believe that family can be cut. All generic families can be (I'm pretty sure). Are you sure that's the category you used?
            Dan

Comment

Number 7,

Please see following blog post for the workaound.

Revit Sticky Notes: 2D Symbolic Line & ‘Show only if Instance is cut’

dzatto/Afredo,

Currently GM category doesn't have this option enabled. It would be really useful to have at least GM category with this option enabled.
              Pfaulder | London, UK

Comment