Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the Escape Route Family

Good Day,
    ich would like to create a 2D symbol for the Escape Route Family.
    First i tried to draw it myself, but the line was to small so i got an error: "Element to small on screen".
    Then i imported an EscapeRoute.jpg to the family, so i can resize it to a desired size, but the object was not visible in the layout.
    Finally i wanted to export the EscapeRoute.jpg with the correct color to a DWG file. The exported file had the wrong color, but i could change the size.
    That would be great if someone could help me to find a solution?
    Attached Files

First of all, welcome to the forum !

Second that symbol is the old symbol, pretty sure we are all using the same symbol in the EU for a few years now (and yours is in German so I assume you are from Germany).

new symbols:
    Vluchtweg-pictogrammen.jpg

I have all my symbols as Detail Items and that works great. This way you can draw them a bit bigger (I think mine are 800 wide for 1:100) and there is no issue with the small elements as you would have with generic annotations for example.

There are 2 sizes in there, basically for 1:50 and 1:100 with a visibility parameter. I also have them nested in my actual 3D families, so when I put one of those on a wall the icon shows up in my floorplan, but sometime you just want the 2D symbol so I have them separate as well.
    Robin Deurloo
    Last edited by Robin Deurloo; April 28, 2021, 04:48 PM. Reason: typo
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Thank you very much for your response. I will try it out next week.
      Have a good day.:thumbsup:

Comment

Hey Robin,
        I would like to draw the lines under 0.7 mm, do you know a way how to do that.
        The picture below is just an example, I will use the new symbols.
        Revit Problem.PNG
        If it doesn't work, is it possible that you send me maybe one of your family with symbols as Detail Items?

Best regards
        Arti

Comment

Yep that's why Generic Annotations don't really work with our European symbols, they are way to detailed.
          Attached you'll find one of my Detail Items.
          Attached Files
          Robin Deurloo
          Last edited by Robin Deurloo; May 10, 2021, 11:00 AM.
          Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
          Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Thank you, it worked very well

Comment

In some cases you can also work around the .7 limit by drawing/modelling at a 10:1 scale, and downscale the entire (sketch) at the end.
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment