Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how i can find tables with number of chairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how i can find tables with number of chairs?

Hi everyone , the library of RAC 2011 is well but i can not find one with controlling number of chairs.
    making it by me will also take time do you know any link that has this ready component that allow me to change number of dining chairs.
    revitcity never open with me , autodesk seek is the same of library RAC 2011 so please if you know useful websites or link has what i want please help
    Thanks

I would suggest to make you own. If you have the table and chairs family, it is really simple to nest the chair into the table family and set the formula with Array. (Of course, you have to know how the basic family editor works)
    I have seen some families from Revitcity that are doing just that already, go and take a look again.

P
    Philip Chan
    Practice Technology Manager | HKS
    http://phil-osophyinbim.blogspot.com/

Comment

well i learned from little time how to do it but the time you know , about revitcity this site never ever opened with me in Egypt (strange we do not have blocking service) i thought that website is expired , can anyone tell me how to access to revitcity (proxy , ip address of the website,..... whatever)

Comment

RevitCity blowz
        "Two possibilities exist. Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not.
        Both are equally terrifying."
        - Arthur C Clarke

Comment

Takes a bit of work if you want the # of chairs to be parametric, and the radius of the table to be parametric. Nested families, and a few constraints, to do it. Its a good learning exercise.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

This is the one that comes with revit, Basically you just add an array and place the parameter by selecting the array number.
            Attached Files
            Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

well is there rectangular one ??

Comment

I have been playing with arrays in a family (for a kitchen setup) and it is not that hard and once you learn how to do it in a simple family (like your table) you can apply it to more complex stuff. I have learned that building your own stuff from sketch (while looking at pre-build stuff when you get stuck) is the best way to learn, even if it may take some time in the beginning.

You can even do very cool stuff like putting an IF in there, like IF table is < 600 just use 1 chair IF table is > 600 and < 1200 use 2 chair etc. sure it takes some nice formula, but it is pretty fun to build
                Last edited by Robin Deurloo; October 21, 2011, 08:12 AM.
                Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
                Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

well thanks all of you , i am planning to do it with sharing it if i finished , but is there a corner in forum (like depository) where every member when he/she made custom furniture they can share it , that will be useful a lot.
                  also it 's strange is it right that revit city is no longer work (just commenting on nice comment blowz )
                  Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 21, 2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I guess you can post your table here when it is done, would be nice to see what you made of it, might give it a go when I get home to, to see what I can come up with.

Revitcity still works for me.
                    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
                    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment