Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i change the type of width of window into instance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i change the type of width of window into instance?

Hi everyone, the default window in family editor ship with width and height but i want to change type of width window from type into instance.
    i can not change because it is in grey i tried to delete the parameter to establish my own instead neither able to delete it.
    any idea how i can change the window width parameter from type into instance?

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
    Hi everyone, the default window in family editor ship with width and height but i want to change type of width window from type into instance.
    i can not change because it is in grey i tried to delete the parameter to establish my own instead neither able to delete it.
    any idea how i can change the window width parameter from type into instance?
    duplicate it, rename it, and resize it
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

In the family, go to the plan view, or elevation view, where you can see a dimension with the parameter you want to change (if not there, draw some temporary lines in the family, dimension them and link to the parameter you want to change)
      you'll see that a button appears that allows you to toggle between instance and type, refer image
      Attached Files
      Munkholm
      Administrator
      Last edited by Munkholm; October 19, 2011, 09:21 AM. Reason: Fixed inline attachments
      Alex Page
      RevitWorks Ltd
      Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment