Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how i can make offseted lines to refrence plane move along refrence plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how i can make offseted lines to refrence plane move along refrence plane?

Hi everyone i am facing problem that i want to make refrence line in the center locking two lines abive and below them so whenever i move refrece plane , the two lines above and below move with the movement of refrence plane.

The image attached can make my question more straight clear

please help
    Attached Files

use a locked dimension to each line, EQ if necessary, or even paramaterise if necessary (not locked)
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
      Hi everyone i am facing problem that i want to make refrence line in the center locking two lines abive and below them so whenever i move refrece plane , the two lines above and below move with the movement of refrence plane.

The image attached can make my question more straight clear

please help
      dimension the lines on both sides to the RP and lock the dimensions. Why are you building frames out of lines??

oops, shouldn't have gone off for that cup of coffee before posting
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Thanks elton i will try to do as you said

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
        Why are you building frames out of lines??

oops, shouldn't have gone off for that cup of coffee before posting
        well i am using extrusion through sketch lines editing mode and i already modify existing window in library to fit my need. about coffee you are right , i am thinking how to achieve more faster.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
          Thanks elton i will try to do as you said

well i am using extrusion through sketch lines editing mode and i already modify existing window in library to fit my need. about coffee you are right , i am thinking how to achieve more faster.
          the coffee edit was because as I was at the coffee pot Elton beat me to the answer. Regarding building window frames: use curtain walls then you don't have to deal with locking Ref Planes. Just move the cw grids around as required.
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment