Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared Parameter for a Symbol Tag

Hi Guys

I have made a symbol family and added a couple of tags. I wanted them to be shared so I could schedule them. However, I cant.

Any way around this?

What your tagging has to have the shared parameters too...A tag by itself won't populate a schedule.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Hmmm maybe a badly worded subject and OP.

I have a symbol family. The family consists of lines and labels. I want the labels to be shared parameters so when I add the symbols to my drawings I can schedule them to keep track of them.

Apologies for the confusion.

Comment

What type of schedule are you trying to do? I think the only type that may work is a note block

Comment

Its a revision block that I have made. I want to schedule it so I can check the drawing revisions and dates and update on 'mass' I.e not having to open each sheet, I can go down the schedule and update from there?

Comment

What is your symbol trying to convey? Maybe your going the wrong direction...

A symbol or tag get's its information from an actual object (doors, furniture, windows, etc...) this is what gets scheduled, not the tag itself. A tag is just a 2D element placed in a view to call out an object.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGT View Post
              Its a revision block that I have made. I want to schedule it so I can check the drawing revisions and dates and update on 'mass' I.e not having to open each sheet, I can go down the schedule and update from there?
              You can create a Sheet List that has the information from the Revision Block...and modify everything there instead of going sheet to sheet...

Comment

Ive not used the Revision function in RS at all after I was warned away from it many years ago, seems like I need to now

Comment

If your company uses a combination of letters and numbers for revisions, then yes, you will have issues with the Revit Revision block. It can do either numbers or letters but not both.

Comment