X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does the dimension change?

hello
    i have a family on which i have an angle on a reference line
    a nested family is locked to this reference line, when i change the angle, the ref.line moves but...
    why does the length "filtre_rayon" changes too
    this parameters is only link to another parameter (filtre_diametre) so it shouldn't change when angle is changing!
    i think that's a question snaps of the dimension or something like this but i clean the file (delete the family nested, the line...) create a new ref line but the issue is still there
    do you know why?
    Phil
    file

PS : many others parameters are on the family, i cleaned many thing but not this, apologies
    Freelance WWTP/HVAC Designer
    Revit 2019

What is the left end of the filtre_rayon dimension attached to?

Comment

i have a look to the old family that i made, i have exactly the same problem : changing the angle modify the radius of the tank (it's a family tank)
      in others words how can I create a nested family that i can control with an angle and with a specific length from the center of the family?
      PS : i should post it on MEP but it could the same on others families so...
      Last edited by philsogood; November 24, 2021, 02:54 PM. Reason: add comments
      Revit 2019

Comment

got it
        i needed to create a rel line more which is 90° from the fisrt one (which control the angle)
        the ref line w<ill be attached to the dimension and it will work!!
        Phil
        Revit 2019

Comment