AnnoFamily working ok in FamEditor and wrong in Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AnnoFamily working ok in FamEditor and wrong in Project

So I`ve enhanced a little the default Interior Elevation Anotation Mark (M_Elevation Mark Body_Circle-10mm.rfa) so i can adjust the radius. In family editor I`ve made two types 1&2. Type 1 has a 5mm radius and type 2 has 6.5 radius. All working good in family editor. In the project something is wrong(see picture)
    I can make it working by not using a <family type> parameter that switch the Pointer Mark that is nested in family and just make all pointer parameters to be instances and linked with the host family.

But i just want to know what`s wrong with this solution from now. Or it`s a bug?
    Attached Files
    gaby424
    Last edited by gaby424; October 11, 2011, 12:01 PM.

see attached rvt for modified version, you'll figure out then
    Attached Files

Comment

well, thx, yes it worked, but this is completly another method that implied to make changes to define types in two familes (body and pointer). I saw you made the pointer radius to be type so you can define it directly in project. I still don`t understand why when radius parameter was linked via instance before, worked in family and than in project failed. That way i could only define in one family. When you have a door panel that has the dimensions linked to the door host, eaven if you choose to switch the panes they continue to be conected with the door domensions. Here it looks that when you switch the pointers, the radius defined in the host family is failling to comunicate to the linked radius from inside the pointer the value. Maybe it`s a bug.

Anyway, i`ll make and the other method with all pointers parameters to be instances and linked to the host, so i can test if it is easiest than your method when you make new types.

thx for your time

Comment

well it seams that the method to remove the <family type> parameter(label) and instead to link all parameters from the nested(pointer) to the host(elevation body) it doesn`t working. So there is a big BUG in the metric tamplet in this elevation family. The host is not transmiting the values to the nested family in the project environment (tested for length and yes/no parameters).
        So Ning Zhou method is the only workaround.
        Attached Files

Comment