Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nested families and schedules

Hi all,

I'm looking for advices on scheduling nested components. I don't have a lot of stuff done with nested families, but I have just started updating our librairy so that some nested components are scheduled.(did a quick search with no success...)

the intended workflow is:

The Top family(meaning containing all the nested component) has a type comment, that is filtered in schedules, to show only nested families. works great.

In a project, I will have parameter(s) assigned to the category to identify components by zone or whatever.

The fact is that the parameter(s) goes to the Top family and won't populate the nested component. and I can't filter my sub-components by zone.
    The workaround I have is to isolate the selected instances, apply the parameter value; then schedule with the value filtered, select all nested components in the schedule, go in the view and apply then the value to the components.

I may missing something, sometimes my nose is too close to the screen......

Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

thanks.
    jbenoit44
    French Moderator
    Last edited by jbenoit44; September 20, 2011, 12:56 PM.
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Lets say you have a top family that contains 3 base families. If you want all of these to have "Zone" all of the base families need to have "Zone" in them, and then you can set the base zones = to the top family zone (if all three share the same zone).

Once you nest, you cannot control parameters in the nested families with out having the top family contain the same parameters and link them.

Comment

Great, thanks. I will put a shared parameter into all nested families, and link it to the top one.

just did a quick mockup, works fine.:thumbsup:
      Julien
      "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
      P. DAC
      Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment