Family Parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Parameters

I have created tack board family. The family does not have a manufacturer, model number, etc parameter in the family file. When I load it into the project file, those types of identity parameters are there. I would like to add that info to the family file so that it is part of family no matter what project I use it in.

When I tried to add the parameter to the family file it said it already existed. How do I do this.

See attached.
    Attached Files
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Not sure I follow your reply. I have tried adding a parameter to my family. Specifically "Model" and "Manufacturer" but when I click "OK" to complete adding the parameter it says I already have one by that name. It is not listed in the family file so I cant add date to it, but when the family is loaded into a project file then there are several Identity Data parameters listed.

Comment

Are you sure Identity is expanded in the family types dialog and you not seeing it because it is collapsed. I've noticed the Identity category gets collapsed a lot since 2011

Comment

while in the project...select the family, in properties "edit type".....there you can add the info
          (if I'm understanding this correctly)
          Attached Files
          "Two possibilities exist. Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not.
          Both are equally terrifying."
          - Arthur C Clarke

Comment

Sure enough the identity was collapsed. Looking at it gave me no clue. Thanks for the tip.

Comment