Rotating North Arrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotating North Arrow?

How hard can it be to have a north arrow that rotates? I have to be missing something :banghead:
    Attached Files
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Don't nest the family. Do this in the same family where you created the geometry for the north arrow: (see illustration)
    Attached Files
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
      Don't nest the family. Do this in the same family where you created the geometry for the north arrow: (see illustration)
      Nice attachment, very well put.

Comment

Aww...select the geometry and associate it with the reference line....dang it...

Comment

Very nice indeed....
          "Two possibilities exist. Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not.
          Both are equally terrifying."
          - Arthur C Clarke

Comment

So I finally got my family created that has the True North and Project North shown, and its modified by parameters in the titleblock. No more having to modify the family itself and reinserting each time. Now if only I can apply the angles at the Project level instead of titleblock level. (Project Information)

Hmmm....now I know why my door swing family always had issues....

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
              ... Now if only I can apply the angles at the Project level instead of titleblock level. (Project Information)
              What do you mean by that?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                What do you mean by that?
                I'm guessing to control the variance between true/project from project information - or at least at a project-gloabal level. It's one thing that's always got me curious aswell - where is the angle of rotation stored - as at the moment it seems only to be graphical, there's no "parameter" as such? How would one get at it?

Comment

Yes, that's what I think he meant. I think Revit should make that value of the North available to the user as a parameter, so that we could tie the rotation angle of a north symbol to the actual values.
                  Alfredo Medina
                  Forum Co-Founder
                  Last edited by Alfredo Medina; September 16, 2011, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Manage...Project Information...

But I think I just figured it out...I have to have shared parameters in the titleblock and load the same parameters in the project.

Comment