Arrays in families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrays in families

Is there a way to have an array in a family have only one instance? Say I have a bunch of equipment that I want to have arrayed. The configuration may be as short as a single instance going up to dozens of them. I need them to be able to report the count.

I have no problem as long as there are at least two in the array. But I need it to be able to be a single instance. This is due to another array that will start immediately after the first array. The equipment typically is one or two of 'A' followed by many 'B'.
    ​My ID was stolen. Now I'm only called Dav

Yes and No.

Parameter: COUNT: Integer : Formula: Length / 6"
    Parameter: CountAct: Integer : Formula: if(COUNT > 1, COUNT, 2)
    Parameter: ArrayVis: Y/N: Formula: COUNT > 1
    Parameter: SingleVis: Y/N: Formula: not(ArrayVis)

Then you have the array, and you ALSO have a single instance sitting there (not part of the array). Single instance visibility controlled by SingleVis. Array Item Visibility controlled by ArrayVis.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, CountAct has to be the one ASSIGNED to the Array, even though COUNT is the one doing the math.
    EDIT EDIT: Changed the Formula for SingleVis. Makes more sense this way. Im overtired...

Does exactly what you want with scheduling.
    Last edited by Twiceroadsfool; May 1, 2018, 10:52 PM.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Remind me to buy you a beer or three if you ever come to Boise. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the update. It works with those parameters.

Comment