Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If parameter in curtainwal panel area calculation

Hi Folks,

Could anyone end my misery... :banghead: I've created a curtainwall with two (principal) types of panels: system panels and custom panels (with overlaps, apertures etc) But now I need my nett area for all the panels. So I made a schedule and calculated the nett area for my custom panels. And now I'm stuck... What I need is a conditional field where I can insert the nett area for my custom panels, and enter the Area field for my system panels.

Thus I made this formula: if(netto_oppervlakte > 0 m², netto_oppervlakte, Area) which works for the custom panels, but gives an empty field for the system panels.
    Of course the parameter netto_oppervlakte doesn't exist for my system panels, so I tried to make if(NOT (netto_oppervlakte),Area, netto_oppervlakte) but that doesn't work either (inconsistent units).
    Now the easy way out is to export to Excel and fix it there, but I'd rather not..
    Is there anyony that can at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks ahead

Ron

Hi Ron, welcome to the forum... I believe you need the solution posted in this thread...
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Hi Martijn,

Thanks for the quick reply. This helps me with part of my problem (after 500x manually entering a 0 value, can't seem to find out how to change multiple values at once) The only trouble is, that when I add/change system panels, I again will have to manually add the 0 values or they won't schedule.
      Lesson learned is that it looks like I can't test for a nil/empty value

At least my area's are correct now!

Greetz

Ron

Comment

Well, you can sort your schedule on the Area / netto oppervlak parameter and uncheck "Itemize every instance" in the sorting tab. Now you can put in the 0 for all empty fields at once.
        Martijn de Riet
        MdR Advies

Comment

Hi Martijn,

kudo's! I'm saved!

Greetz,

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
            Hi Ron, welcome to the forum... I believe you need the solution posted in this thread...
            I missed that when it was originally posted. The "Add to all elements..." button in the Parameter Properties dialog is something that I hadn't noticed before. Great tip, Thanks!
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Hi Dave,

I am still working on the next parts for the Curtain Wall blog. I'll include this one cause it's really useful, especially for curtain walls...
              Martijn de Riet
              MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                Hi Dave,

I am still working on the next parts for the Curtain Wall blog. I'll include this one cause it's really useful, especially for curtain walls...
                I've been waiting patiently
                I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment