Muntin Array in Eyebrow Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muntin Array in Eyebrow Window

How in the H-E- double hockey sticks is this done? I'm figuring out how to array my muntins with a nested family (I'll be honest, I pilfered one online for regular windows that I've been using for years), but when it's an eyebrow or arch top window, I can't lock the top of the muntin because as the array changes, so does the arch at the top. Also, the muntins are mirrored since the arch is opposite past the center point (if that makes sense). I'm lost. I need some tips and tricks to get me on my way.
    Dan

Do you have any images to share? I can't tell what exactly you're trying to do from your question.
    Developer at Anguleris BIMsmith Marketplace.
    Previously at Sumex Design for ARCAT.com

Comment

You'll need them to not be done through an Array, unless you get in to Adaptive Component Window Components, which i don't recommend. So you'll need a bunch of different Muntins, with visibility and height parameter constraints on them. But its doable.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I was afraid of that. What a pain in the arse. How in the world can I come up with every possible combination of window size and muntin count? Uggh.
        Dan

Comment

You can't... start with the most used and buildup from there as needed.
          Greg McDowell Jr
          about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
            I was afraid of that. What a pain in the arse. How in the world can I come up with every possible combination of window size and muntin count? Uggh.
            I dont recall if it was 3x3 or 5x5 that i stopped my library at, as a starting point... But its really not that bad to do. Even though theyre turned off, there are optional grids in all of those windows.

EDIT: Was 3x3, it seems.
            Attached Files
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

And you did the math for each point rather than make them long and cut with a void, yes? More work, but much more stable with the math, I believe.
              Greg McDowell Jr
              about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Okay, so I have a 3x3 grid for a 7070 window. And a separate 3x3 grid for every other size? Is that what you're saying? All nested with only one turning "on" per window size?
                Dan

Comment

Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
                  And you did the math for each point rather than make them long and cut with a void, yes? More work, but much more stable with the math, I believe.
                  Mine are all math, because they are all nested. So they need to be. All the ways to *cut* the nested families are hacky wonky ghetto ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                    Mine are all math, because they are all nested. So they need to be. All the ways to *cut* the nested families are hacky wonky ghetto ****.
                    Why nested? Mine are in my windows for the array but then, I've never made any uniquely shaped windows! Is it to make it easier to place/etc?
                    Greg McDowell Jr
                    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment