Door panel shifts when swapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door panel shifts when swapped

On my double doors, when I put in a panel that has glazing in it, it shifts. My solid panels work as expected. The part that confuses me, is the glazed panels are just a "save as" of the solid panels... so all locations should match. :banghead:

Only thing I haven't tried is to have a glazed door as a default in the family and see if swapping to a solid panel in the project would result in a panel shift.
    Attached Files
    Chris Heinaranta | Architectural Technologist

Originally posted by cheinaranta View Post
    On my double doors, when I put in a panel that has glazing in it, it shifts. My solid panels work as expected. The part that confuses me, is the glazed panels are just a "save as" of the solid panels... so all locations should match. :banghead:

Only thing I haven't tried is to have a glazed door as a default in the family and see if swapping to a solid panel in the project would result in a panel shift.
    Im going to ask a seemingly weird question, as it relates to this issue, but it very well might be related:

What version, and what service pack or web update, are you working in?
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
      Im going to ask a seemingly weird question, as it relates to this issue, but it very well might be related:

What version, and what service pack or web update, are you working in?

20170118_1100(x64)

Families upgraded from 2012 if that makes a difference.
      Last edited by cheinaranta; August 25, 2017, 06:59 PM. Reason: Added note on family upgrade

Comment

The good news is, it wasnt the problem i was afraid it was.

Revit "doesnt like" the way you have your Panel and your Swing Component Constrained to one another, because one of them is swappable.

What i did to correct:

1. Removed the constraint between Swing 1 and Panel 1.
        2. Removed the constraint between Ref Plane and Swing 1.
        3. Used Alignment Constraint between Ref Plane and Swing 1 (making sure to align clicking on REFERENCE and not SHAPE HANDLE).
        4. Used Alignment Constraint between Ref Plane and Panel 1 (making sure to align clicking on REFERENCE and not SHAPE HANDLE).

All fixed, worked in project with swapping the panel type, and changing the sizes. I didnt test EVERY constraint, but it appears to be working correctly now.
        Attached Files
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
          The good news is, it wasnt the problem i was afraid it was.

Revit "doesnt like" the way you have your Panel and your Swing Component Constrained to one another, because one of them is swappable.

What i did to correct:

1. Removed the constraint between Swing 1 and Panel 1.
          2. Removed the constraint between Ref Plane and Swing 1.
          3. Used Alignment Constraint between Ref Plane and Swing 1 (making sure to align clicking on REFERENCE and not SHAPE HANDLE).
          4. Used Alignment Constraint between Ref Plane and Panel 1 (making sure to align clicking on REFERENCE and not SHAPE HANDLE).

All fixed, worked in project with swapping the panel type, and changing the sizes. I didnt test EVERY constraint, but it appears to be working correctly now.
          So simple. Thank you very much!

Comment