Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for this damn glass casing, PLEASE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for this damn glass casing, PLEASE!!

Please help, friends. I have tried every mix of Revolve with where the axis might lie and what angle to draw from that I can think of. I've also tried blending, which came out dumb. And extrusion with voiding. I can't find an answer that doesn't suck. Please help! I have a lot more of these to make.
    Attached Files

Mix of sweep + extrusion. Sweep deals with the rounded parts. Extrusions deals with the flat(ter) face. If you draw them with tangent arcs, you can join geometry for a smooth face, or keep the separation line.

Wrong forum for this, by the way. Should be in MEP or General Revit.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DaveP; June 5, 2017, 09:42 PM. Reason: Thread moved to Family Creation
    Developer at Anguleris BIMsmith Marketplace.
    Previously at Sumex Design for ARCAT.com

Comment

Quick 10 min pass at this family (no scale of any sort). Is this what you're looking for? Similar to what Andrew suggested, i used an extrusion for the middle portion, revolve at the ends, and sweeps for the cage.

Jon
      Studio 111
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kingjosiah View Post
        Quick 10 min pass at this family (no scale of any sort). Is this what you're looking for? Similar to what Andrew suggested, i used an extrusion for the middle portion, revolve at the ends, and sweeps for the cage.

Jon
        Studio 111
        Oh I see now! Revolve just on the sides. Well played!

Comment