My published families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My published families

I published some families to show the companies/offices my ability with family creation because I am finding job.
    What do you think about my published families?

https://buildingengineerblog.wordpre...ategory/revit/

Thank you

I don't dropbox, but if you post one here I'm happy to take a look...

Comment

Worked like a charm!

But alas I'm not rocking 2017 yet so someone else will have to step up for the critique!

Comment

Is there a way to change family from revit 2017 to an old version?

Comment

Originally posted by shyock View Post
          Is there a way to change family from revit 2017 to an old version?
          no, there is not
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

OK looked at your families and they look pretty nice, but I do have some tips/things I noticed:

Fabregas family, 2 parameters (Ancho and Alto) that don't do anything. I think I understand why you have them there, but parameters are there to change properties on your family and these do not. Maybe add them as a text paramater in there?

Roca family has some detail lines in the plan view, maybe model that bit to?

Cabel family, I was expecting to get more Tubos when making the radiator higher, that did not happen

Bathco family, changing size will add an extra line at the bottom of the basin, because it does not connect nicely anymore, Wondering if you want to have it to be changed into any size?

Maybe it is me, but I would not lock the view on the families, I want to be able to rotate around it right away, without the need to unlock the view first, but thats maybe just me being lazy

I like the Fabregas family most I think, looks very nice.

May I ask what kind of job you are looking for
            Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
            Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
              OK looked at your families and they look pretty nice, but I do have some tips/things I noticed:

Fabregas family, 2 parameters (Ancho and Alto) that don't do anything. I think I understand why you have them there, but parameters are there to change properties on your family and these do not. Maybe add them as a text paramater in there?

Roca family has some detail lines in the plan view, maybe model that bit to?

Cabel family, I was expecting to get more Tubos when making the radiator higher, that did not happen

Bathco family, changing size will add an extra line at the bottom of the basin, because it does not connect nicely anymore, Wondering if you want to have it to be changed into any size?

Maybe it is me, but I would not lock the view on the families, I want to be able to rotate around it right away, without the need to unlock the view first, but thats maybe just me being lazy

I like the Fabregas family most I think, looks very nice.

May I ask what kind of job you are looking for

Thank you for the advice Robin,

- Fabregas: These parameters are not modifying the family, they are just for showing information that is displayed in the technical documentation.

- Roca: Yes, I saw that some people model low detail viewing with extrusions, but i prefered to make lines to show the plan symbol.

- Cabel: It is possible to add some more "tubos" with the parameter "NºTubos" the "F-1" means which group line is. But you have to adjust the height too. I made the family flexible only to get all the models from the catalogue.

- Bathco: Yes, this one is not flexible I left it because it is a particular model.

Actually I am locking the 3D view because it is the preview image you see from the windows explorer. I use the {3D} View for working and rotating for me is faster because I had configured my revit to open this {3D} window just pressing the F3 button.

1 - In Revit window press KS
              2 - Find default 3D view command.
              3 - Assign de F3 button to the 3D view default.
              4 - Open the family press F3 and you open the working view automatically.

About the kind of job I am looking for. I am flexible and openned to any offer I could receive. My priority is to continue developing my career in the Building Information Modelling and construction knowledge.
              Last edited by shyock; February 16, 2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X