Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family creation protocol

Hi All;

I'm trying to elaborate a family creation protocol for our office, so in order to do that I want to know your advice or if there is a document or something which I can use as a base; did you know if there is one standard procedure to do this?; or what points I should consider to create it from scratch?, I'm thinking about an Excel spreadsheet with some standard champs like: Type of family- Category - ARC - STR - MEP - Revision - - and so on, any advice will be helpful, regards
    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
    E.A Poe

I would write it as you/your team needs it - no point steering you toward the Seek or BIMStore author guides if they don't align with the work you/your company does.

Comment

True, unless you company is looking to universal-standarize the work, in which case I NBL has quite a well though-through standard:

https://www.nationalbimlibrary.com/n...bject-standard

Comment

Thank's guys for your comments, paidpal, :thumbsup: thanks I'll take a look, otherwise "universal-standarize the work" WOW!! that will be great; I'll try to do it :laugh:.

Since I'm in charge of family creation here I'm trying to do something easy to understand for all users which are in basic and intermediate level in Revit and they're not much familiar with family creation and parameters.

So my idea was to create a comprehensible Excel Spreadsheet that we will share in our different work areas which are basically Healthcare, renovation and residential.

I get the general idea of "align with the work our company does" but for me is not that easy and I think it never does!, I was thinking that there should exist almost a base document that should help me to reach this goal!

Again thank guys :thumbsup:
        E.A Poe

Comment

I wouldn't get too excited by the NBL's offerings if I were you...

Untitled.png

so that's:
          maths signs in a parameter name
          "personalised" (prefixed) parameter names

Whilst the sound (well meaning) intent is there, there is nothing "Universal" about the NBL, it remains very much a buy-in-love-in, and is yet another angle of their march on monopoly.

...& don't even get me started on NBS over-reaching into Australasia when they're still busy kicking hornets' nests here with "Uniclass 2015 v2.3 UK Special Edition Mk.II" - or whatever it's currently called. Of course, I might "just" be projecting personal grievances here, so as ever, caveat emptor.

Comment

Not a spreadsheet, but here are my family creation rules/suggestions. (It is only really me that creates families here.)
            I have a three priority checklist for creating families. I try to do all three, but it depends on time available and the likelihood that the family will be reused in subsequent projects. Hope this helps. Comments/suggestions/corrections welcome.
            https://1drv.ms/b/s!AuPC6bh4WyQHiAev_wEjlMfuySAG

Comment

Thank you so much anthonyB! :thumbsup: that was exactly what I'm asking for!!

I'll take a look right now :coffee:, many many thanks I really appreciate your time and help!! :whiskey:
              E.A Poe

Comment