Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Building Elevation Family

Hello

I working on some custom content for a client and I can’t seem to get the Building Elevation to work the way they want it to.

The client doesn’t like the out of the box version

2016-08-24_8-22-10.png

They want it to look like the version below, which I was able to do. They key is they want the detail number on top and the page number below

2016-08-24_8-21-36.png

The issue is that the elevation rotates counter clock wise, which means the North and East versions have the detail number on the bottom and the page number on the top. The West and South verison are correct (detail on top page on bottom).

2016-08-24_8-22-36.png2016-08-24_8-23-04.png2016-08-24_8-21-36.png2016-08-24_8-23-13.png

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue, or another way of making it work, perhaps so only the arrow rotates and the cirle (and number) inside don’t?

Thanks

Carl

You can do it, if you use a couple of tricks.

1. Use multiple pointer instances, in the Elevation Body family. That way the symbol itself can pick the best pointer to use when its not looking horizontally on the plan.

2. For the *line* use Text (underscore characters) instead of a Line. I know that sounds ridiculous (it is), but it works.
    Attached Files
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Posting your tag might help. Our tag has an elevation circle (elevation mark use: body, detail & sheet numbers, keep readable) with four elevation pointers nested into it (elevation mark use - pointer). When loaded into the project we get checkmarks to select where the elevation points, and don't rotate the elevation marker.
      Julie Kidder
      Architect + BIM Director
      Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Thats how mine is too, except it has 8 pointers nested in, and the checkboxes appear at 45 degree increments. Revit provides a sample of the Elevation Body with Elevation Pointers nested in it, and the checkboxes happen automatically. No need for me to post mine.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
          Thats how mine is too, except it has 8 pointers nested in, and the checkboxes appear at 45 degree increments. Revit provides a sample of the Elevation Body with Elevation Pointers nested in it, and the checkboxes happen automatically. No need for me to post mine.
          I was referring to the original poster - you posted while I was responding.

I've done 8 on a couple of projects, and it may make it's way into our standard, but we don't do enough angles for it to be critical.
          Julie Kidder
          Architect + BIM Director
          Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Oh, hehehe. That makes more sense.

Yeah, for me the reason for having 8, was for the rooms where all but one wall are orthogonal, and then one wall is off at 45 degrees. I hate having to have two Circles in the room to make that work, so i tossed 8 in the Body. =)

Comment

Thanks Twiceroadsfool your suggested worked.

Comment