Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get The "Project Information" Shown On The Sheets!How ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get The "Project Information" Shown On The Sheets!How ?

hi
    What im fighting with is getting all the information from the Project Information button under Manage Tab. The reason is there is a lot of information (location, energy settings and so on) and i want to show it somehow, anyhow on the sheet. I tried by making shared parameter, and first "?" i get is what type of parameter should i use ?The listed didnt seem logical to me to express any of the project information. I looked all the way down and went into "<Family Type>" button with the hope to find something that would probably extract the needed information. So i didn't find anything so i just used "Text" as category ( so i went for the try-and-error option).
    Then clicked on project information so that i add the already shared parameter and i choose "Project Information" Category (its there this time). and after that i edited the sheet family edited the label and managed to insert the previously created shared parameter. Put it into the list in the right "Label" field. Loaded into project and i just see the question mark field ready to be filled by me .

So i guess my mistake is probably the choice of category while creating the shared parameter or maybe the whole idea is wrong to show the Project information onto the sheets ?

Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by Tinyman; August 9, 2011, 11:06 PM.

You need to do this:

1. In the project, go to manage tab > Project Information.
    2. In the parameter listing, click Add and in the next screen select Shared Parameter.
    3. Create Shared Parameters in the "text" category.
    4. Click ok, set it as an Instance Parameter and apply to Project Information AND sheets
    5. Fill in the parameters in the Project Information screen.
    6. Open the Titleblock family and Add the parameters there too.

This should do the trick.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

thanks for the fast reply
      but one thing i don't get. Ok - i go to the manage tab and then click on Project Information, after that in the next window i should see a parameter listing ?
      or u mean to start creating shared parameter and then from Project Parameters to add the shared parameter ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Martijns description is for adding your own custom project information parameters to the project and titleblock, but there´s a tiny error in the description, which could be causing the confusion:

1. In the project, go to manage tab > Project Information Parameters.
        2. In the parameter listing, click Add and in the next screen select Shared Parameter.
        4. Click ok, set it as an Instance Parameter and apply to Project Information AND sheets

To add the hardcoded out of the box project information parameters to a titleblock, simply choose them from the list you get when creating a new label (or when editing an existing label)
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
          Martijns description is for adding your own custom project information parameters to the project and titleblock, but there´s a tiny error in the description, which could be causing the confusion:

1. In the project, go to manage tab > Project Information Parameters.

To add the hardcoded out of the box project information parameters to a titleblock, simply choose them from the list you get when creating a new label (or when editing an existing label)
          Sorry, typo... In my defense, it was already late. Thanks for the repair Klaus!
          Martijn de Riet
          MdR Advies

Comment

ya i know i made the thread a bit late in the evening.

Thanks for the fast response. when i did all the steps mentioned above, the only piece of information that i got from the project information window was just the Project Adress (which you type in Manually) [Image 1] I would like to get the information from that window [Image 2+3]. or i'm pushing it too far ?

thank you in advance
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Munkholm; August 10, 2011, 08:41 PM. Reason: Changed images to attachments

Comment

could you repost the pics? Can't see the inline attachments here... (Klaus, can this be fixed?)
              Martijn de Riet
              MdR Advies

Comment

I am not sure that you can pull the project location from that area in Revit.
                -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                  could you repost the pics? Can't see the inline attachments here... (Klaus, can this be fixed?)
                  Just changed the images to old fashion attachments... Not sure why it´s not working for you Martijn.

And Tinyman, just like Alex said - You can´t get that info into a titleblock.
                  Klaus Munkholm
                  "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

baaahh, just what i thought ....

Well, it was worth the try .

Thanks for all the comments and help. It really feels that there are people here trying to help
                    Thread finished .

Comment