Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating custom view title

HELLO,

I am working on creating a custom view title on my sheets that corresponds to rooms. I am a new revit user and I know how to create labels. However, the view title parameters are very specific and dont allow me to add a new parameter for a room label.

Is there a way to add editable text in viewports? If not, is there a way to add a parameter for rooms?

Please see attached image.
    Attached Files

Unfortunately, as you've seen, the parameters that a View Title can include is hardwired by Revit to just these: Detail Number, Referencing Detail, Referencing Sheet, Sheet Number, View Name and View Scale.

You might consider a different naming strategy for your elevation views so that you include the room reference in the name? You can set the alignment options so the text grows to the right and up so you get two lines of info.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; August 9, 2011, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Like Steve said - have your Room name in your elevation title or, at least, change the Title On Sheet parameter to have the name of the room.
      Michael
      Canberra, Australia

Comment

I'm not sure if it would work in this case but you might want to try typing the name in a text editor like this:

room name
        interior elevation

Then use copy/paste to paste this into your View Title. There's a good chance Revit will inherit the hard return (without showing it when you type)
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

A CTRL+ENTER will create the hard return in the "Title on Sheet" parameter of the View Title...
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
            A CTRL+ENTER will create the hard return in the "Title on Sheet" parameter of the View Title...
            Right, I knew there was a Revit shortcut for this.... Thanks for sharing and reminding me (again)...
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I figured that if he wanted the title in a smaller font then you'd create a view title just for interior elevations where the "Interior Elevation" part is written in plain text in the view title family and you just use a label for the name of the room (which would be the view name).
              Michael
              Canberra, Australia

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
                Wow!

Thanks for this one - I never knew such a "shortcut" existed for this!

Comment

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHY THE SHARING PARAMATER HERE IT IS NOT AVAILABLE?
                  SHEET FAMILY TIPE.
                  http://s21.postimg.org/5au729f2f/PARAMETRI_NO.jpg

Comment

Not available on Family Types dialog. Need to edit label.

SharedParamsViewTitle.png

Comment