Generic model wall based

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic model wall based

Is it possible to pick wall surfaces ,could be random shape, and automatically my family (generic model wall based) would be placed exactly same shape as my wall has?
    Somehow i should play with void, right?
    Maybe you can give me similar family so i can learn how to do it? or some links?
    Thanks
    EDITED: first mistake,i need to make in face based family, oh yeah
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bangobeat; July 29, 2011, 12:30 PM.

Hi bangobeat,
    What you could do is select the wall and go in the Ribbon (Edit profile). Select the pink lines (which are your profile for the wall), copy to clipboard and press the red X (to exit editing wall profile). In the same Revit session, go in your family, edit the profile of the shape and (Paste>Paste in the Current View). That way, the family is the exact shape as the wall. This obviously is much easier if the family is in-situ rather than a loadable family.

Regarding links and sample family, I don't have much I'm sorry.

Regarding wall-based vs. face based, it shouldn't make a difference because wall-based is a part of face based (which allows you to place the family on a ceiling, slated face or floor).

Hope this helps, if not, let me know. Cheers!

Comment

If your family need to show something like an array (as you have in second picture) than:
      Make a curtain wall and edit it`s shape in sketch mode to what ever shape you want.

Also you can make an adaptive family...but the number of your points will vary from situation to situation so maybe is not a good solution.

Or a generic family(or maybe generic line based with an array inside). And than a face base family that only contain a void in the shape you need to cut from original generic. Than in the project use CUT tool between the generic and void families (use copy paste the sketch lines from wall in the project to define the edges of the void in the sketch mode of the void in the family)

Or a vertical beam system with the work plane set on the face of the wall (mark b had a thread about that kind of workaround)

Also for your second picture I think you don`t need to model in so much detail.

A hatch on a new layer(that represent you new finish) in the wall sandwich will be enough. Or the layer can be a separate wall(copy-paste int the same place your wall and than duplicate the type of your new wall and make it just one layer and move it near the original...than use a hatch on his surface by defining a special material).Or just a paint with a hatch(use split face if need it).

Comment

Thanks guys for great answers. as Tarek suggested me, worked pretty fine.
        Gaby, your solutions are pretty new for me and i will check some of them, and thanks for helping, i am getting better.

Comment