Find what a parameter controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find what a parameter controls

Is there any way to find out every dimension a parameter controls?
    I'm editing someone else's family, and I need to replace their Family parameter with a Shared parameter.
    I've added my new Shared paremeter and replaced all the formulas. Then I opened every View in the family and swapped out the only place I saw the old parameter.
    But when I try to delete the old one, I get a warning that the parameter is being used by 3 Dimensions.
    I opened every single View in the Family, and turned on Reveal Constraints, but I still don't see the old parameter anywhere.
    I also opened the Extrusions I could find, but the parameter doesn't exist inside those, either.

The family is just complicated enough that I don't want to try rebuilding it.
    As a work-around, I've left the old parameter in the family, renamed it, and set it equal to my new one.
    But it bugs me that I can't find it anywhere!
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Did you use a 3rd party app to replace the parameter or did you do it manually?
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

I did it myself.
      Created a new parameter, then changed all of the formulas I could find, then all (one) of the Dimensions I could find.
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

You might try a 3rd party app. Doing it through the API is faster and it will find every occurrence of the parameter.

CTC BIM Manager Suite comes highly recommended and I've been using SPECTrum (formerly Sumex Parameter Manager) for a while now.

BIM Manager Suite 2016 - CTC Express Tools
        SPECtrumBIM - Home
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment