Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

text inside spot elevation

Hi all,

I'm rather new with revit for some months. I noticed when I wanna place a spot elevation on a plan the text is always next to the symbol.
    Now I would like to create one by myself, for example a circle where the tekst can be marked inside the circle.
    Is this somehow possible to create?

Thx

What exactly are you trying to make it look like? Can you post an image example?

Just from your description, it can probably be done by editing the Elevation Symbol (a type of Annotation), but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. The symbol is set up to mark the elevation point and does some funny stuff if you try to make it a different part of the annotation.

There are a few settings that are hard-wired into the Spot Elevation family that make this difficult- mainly the Symbol will not display if the Text Location is set to In-line with Leader. Also, the symbol has some funny properties- it will actually flip along the x-axis if the shoulder is moved above or below the elevation point.
    landarchBIM (landscape architecture + BIM)

Comment

Originally posted by l.schmidt View Post
      There are a few settings that are hard-wired into the Spot Elevation family that make this difficult- mainly the Symbol will not display if the Text Location is set to In-line with Leader. Also, the symbol has some funny properties- it will actually flip along the x-axis if the shoulder is moved above or below the elevation point.
      Just wanted to confirm if there are any workarounds or tricks around this. Particularly, the 'In-line with Leader' setting forcing the symbol to be hidden. If still the case, anyone know the thinking behind it, or it "just is"...?
      Last edited by damo3; July 29, 2017, 12:29 AM.

Comment

My speculation is that the Spot Elevation has not had any attention from R&D in a looong time. You can always move it in-line, but this isn't a particularly appealing solution. I would recommend figuring out a way to work within its constraints, which sucks but that's the deal with system families like Spot Elevations.
        landarchBIM (landscape architecture + BIM)

Comment

It's a client request / enquiry. Just making sure my advice is still up-to-date. They have a rectangle around a relative floor level. They would like the leader to come from the side center of the rectangle face instead of the bottom or top as it is currently configured.

Comment