Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capless Curtain Wall Mullion Joins

Hey everyone,

I'm currently trying to make a capless curtain wall. I've no issues creating the profiles and getting the general appearance correct but I'm not quite sure how to approach the joining of the mullions. To make it clean up properly you'd essentially have to have a portion of the mullion overlapping the other. See images below for a reference to my problem.
    Capless Mullions.png
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by MRom; February 20, 2015, 08:46 PM.

You can't using a single curtain wall. Do do this with curtain wall you'd need multiple walls with multiple profiles and you'd have to keep everything aligned manually.
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
      You can't using a single curtain wall. Do do this with curtain wall you'd need multiple walls with multiple profiles and you'd have to keep everything aligned manually.
      Thank you for the reply; however, I was afraid of that answer...

Unfortunately I need to keep the complexity of this fairly simple. You're not aware of any other workarounds perhaps?

Comment

There isn't another workaround that uses regular mullions. I just leave them like that, honestly. No one is going to build it wrong because of that. Hehe.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
          There isn't another workaround that uses regular mullions. I just leave them like that, honestly. No one is going to build it wrong because of that. Hehe.
          actually, the screen shot posted by the OP represents exactly how a four sided SSG glazed curtain wall is fabricated. The horizontals do not get notched around the face of the intermediate verticals to aesthetically close the gap. In real curtain wall life the gaps are closed with compressible silicone compatible joint plugs and I don't bother to model this small inconsequential detail so my SSG curtain walls in elevation and in 3D look just like the OPs. Nobody has rejected my drawings or not paid me because of it yet
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment