Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra line showing up on Window family...help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra line showing up on Window family...help??

Hi all,

I've been asked to get rid of this line that shows up in this family and I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it. It looks like it's the opening cut but I can't tell.

Any other window family, when fully mounted to the floor will not show any extra lines so I'm not sure why this one is showing that one extra line.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

You will find that it is the extrusion you have over the top of the window head select it and change its visability not to show when cut in section /plan and it will go away.
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

not sure, I use Voids only and no openings. But it shouldn't show like that as far as I know.

Tested it, the color is due to the Object Style settings in the project/family. Change that and the line will turn black. Why the line is showing in the first place, I don't really know.
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

repped! :thumbsup: (in response to mark b's comment)

thanks for your help! agh could not figure out for the life of me what was going on. :crazy:

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
          repped! :thumbsup: (in response to mark b's comment)

thanks for your help! agh could not figure out for the life of me what was going on. :crazy:
          Darryl,I learn't this one the hard way!
          I am with Martijn I only use voids and not openings, not that this was your issue.
          Last edited by mark b; June 24, 2011, 11:01 AM.
          Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

I'm curious, whats the reasoning for using voids instead of openings? Have you experienced problems with openings?
            Mia Frietze
            LPA, Inc.

Comment

Openings have issues when controling categories in elevations.
              Voids don't.
              Gonçalo Feio
              "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

Openings are also limited to cut straight thru the wall - Voids are the only option to created angled openings, or openings with a recess for sills, etc.
                Klaus Munkholm
                "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

The one place I have continued using Openings is interior doors and relites. These items never need the complex cuts that voids support. Part of me thinks for consistency and future flexibility it would make sense to convert them, but I just have not had the need so it hasn't been done.

Feio, what problems have you had with elevations? I have not run into any trouble with openings thus far, but then our interior elevations are pretty simplistic affairs.

Gordon
                  Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Openings cannot be used with Voids (so if you would want to nest in a window sill which needs a partial cutout it's not going to happen)
                    Openings can only be straight, so there cannot be a diverging opening (as seen in extreme in old castles but also popular in houses in holland),
                    There cannot be 2 openings in 1 family with different sizes. In Holland the opening for the structural part of the Wall is often smaller then the opening for the outer brick layer.
                    In general: openings suck in being flexible...
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment