Array issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Array issue

I am going on two days of trying to figure out what is broken in my family. It is a casework family with some nested parts. I stripped everything out to get a small file, and to see if I still had the same issue (which I do)

I am trying to create a parametric array per length. This is where I went and followed the instructions.

Creating an array from the Course Revit Families Workshop

It all works, but where I have issues is when I change the "Depth" in the family. Once I do that, the grouped parts act weird. They offset vertically 3/4" and I can't for the life of me figure out where the issue is.

Can someone take a look at it and see if they can find what is going haywire? In my file, change the depth to 18" and you will see what I am referring to. Everything was locked to the reference planes before array.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Kent View Post
    I am going on two days of trying to figure out what is broken in my family. It is a casework family with some nested parts. I stripped everything out to get a small file, and to see if I still had the same issue (which I do)

I am trying to create a parametric array per length. This is where I went and followed the instructions.

Creating an array from the Course Revit Families Workshop

It all works, but where I have issues is when I change the "Depth" in the family. Once I do that, the grouped parts act weird. They offset vertically 3/4" and I can't for the life of me figure out where the issue is.

Can someone take a look at it and see if they can find what is going haywire? In my file, change the depth to 18" and you will see what I am referring to. Everything was locked to the reference planes before array.
    you need to align and lock the first and last element in your array to a common reference.

Capture.PNG
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Thank you. Worked perfectly. Not sure why I didn't think of aligning.

I can't figure out why this wouldn't already be locked to the original reference plane. Dunno. Some things will just remain mysteries apparently.

Comment