Annotation symbol with grips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annotation symbol with grips.

This thread does not contain a question, just maybe you will find family (a small rectangle on the sheet) in attached project interesting. Although maybe the trick has long been known.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nurlan; June 10, 2011, 08:07 AM.

Interesting. I wonder how they came up with this family, since a generic annotation template does not let you create more reference planes but only reference lines. I notice that the bottom line does not flex, though. This family might be a solution for another thread in which a user from the UK was trying to create a custom section symbol to be used over key plans on sheets.
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Alfredo, I just posted a similar solution to that thread you're referencing. Turns out that if you start your annotation family with the Section Head template, you get your third reference plane. I also found you can copy/paste a reference plane from one family into another family. I'm curious to see how Nurlan made this one and if there's another way...
      Last edited by need4mospd; June 10, 2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I know about the head section template, but how do you manage to create the fourth reference plane?

EDIT: ah, by copy/paste from another family? really?

Comment

Always love seeing this kind of tricks posted. Rep for you all.
          -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
            Yeah, I know about the head section template, but how do you manage to create the fourth reference plane?

EDIT: ah, by copy/paste from another family? really?
            Yep, the solution is so simple it hurts.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not remember exactly how it did because it was long ago and I did not attach any importance to this. Then I just started learning revit and tried to make the title block and via changing the categories and groups, and somehow put in a reference plane. So that ignorance and randomness can be creative.

And yes, you can copy paste these planes in any annotation family.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I think it will help to create useful families.

Comment

Cool tip! More Rep!
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by need4mospd View Post
                  Alfredo, I just posted a similar solution to that thread you're referencing. Turns out that if you start your annotation family with the Section Head template, you get your third reference plane. I also found you can copy/paste a reference plane from one family into another family. I'm curious to see how Nurlan made this one and if there's another way...
                  Hold on... In this case, creating a family starting from a template that was meant to be used for something else seems to have some consequences. The family posted in that other thread does not really flex. At least here, when I click on the blue pull arrows to stretch the length of the symbol, it actually increases the size of the line on both sides in a very strange way, making the solution not suitable for the purpose that was requested in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                    Hold on... In this case, creating a family starting from a template that was meant to be used for something seems to have some consequences. The family posted in that other thread does not really flex. At least here, when I click on the blue pull arrows to stretch the length of the symbol, it actually increases the size of the line on both sides in a very strange way, making the solution not suitable for the purpose that was requested in that thread.
                    Are you placing it on a sheet or a view? It works fine for me on a sheet, but it behaves as you describe when placed in the view. Definitely odd behavior and worth checking out before rushing this in as a permanent solution to the problem.

Comment