Convert a parameter to text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert a parameter to text

I am trying to convert either a number type or integer type parameter to a text type.

I want to use the total length from the family and use that as part of the tag. The only parameters that you can use for tags is text type.

I was able to convert the dimension to a number and integer but not to text.

You can't convert parameters to text type parameters at this time. You can put numbers in a tag, it just has to be a shared parameter.

What are you trying to tag and what information do you want to display?
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Within my family I'm have a few parameters that are adding together to get a length. I want to put that length value in a tag. So looking to tag something R-20.
      Where the 20 is the calculated total from the family.

Comment

Shared parameters (and default ones) are the only ones that can appear in tags. You can add "R-" as a prefix.
        Julie Kidder
        Architect + BIM Director
        Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

The parameter I have set up in my family for the total length is actually a shared parameter. When I go to make a label family the shared parameter option is grayed out. Why would that be?

Comment

I am trying to nest my tag in my family. But the generic tag doesn't allow you to use shared parameters. Is there a way to nest a tag in a family and use a shared parameter?

Comment