Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregors
    • January 16, 2014

Plss help asap room tag and roombook problem

this is the last task for my family..ive done all of the required task except for this annoying room tag.i made some room tags for the project.the goal is to have different room tag families loaded in a project so if someone just wanted to change the room tag someone can just click the room tag and select on the dropdown box family instead of typing it on every different room and with its designated room number.the problem is that i have already made the rom tag fmailies however when i try to calculate the room with roombook.he schedule doesnt show the right name with its right room number.i used text for the room tag.not labels..because when i use label it just shows what is seen on the picture attached.can someone help me with this?it would be great..thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gregors; January 16, 2014, 08:55 AM.
  • gregors
    • January 16, 2014

Originally posted by gregors
    this is the last task for my family..ive done all of the required task except for this annoying room tag.i made some room tags for the project.the goal is to have different room tag families loaded in a project so if someone just wanted to change the room tag someone can just click the room tag and select on the dropdown box family instead of typing it on every different room and with its designated room number.the problem is that i have already made the rom tag fmailies however when i try to calculate the room with roombook.he schedule doesnt show the right name with its right room number.i used text for the room tag.not labels..because when i use label it just shows
    this is the attached image
    Attached Files

Comment

• gregors
      • January 16, 2014

this is what happens if you use label for the room tag instead of text
      Attached Files

Comment

• veeranna.guggari13
        • October 18, 2013
        • pune

First Select room, give desire room name in identity data
        see image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	35.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	382356

Comment

• gregors
          • January 16, 2014

but thats the one we would like to avoid.typing .i like to make it fast by making a different room tag families.already made them but however it doesnt show in the QTO/Roombook.ill post more pics for reference.

Comment

• gregors
            • January 16, 2014

some reference images.sorry for the erased parts because i actually type my native language..now i made it in english so that most people can understand what im saying.thank you very much!
            Attached Files

Comment

• veeranna.guggari13
              • October 18, 2013
              • pune

What u are going to achieving is not a good idea. U must enter room name one by one in schedule or if u intended only room tag tray space and space tags

Comment

• MPwuzhere
                R.I.P.
                • December 14, 2010
                • Las Vegas, NV

You realize that by using text instead of filling out the room data your screwing your consultants when they try to copy your rooms to spaces right?

I've had over 600 rooms in one model, I never had any issues with room naming and numbering as I could just click the label and change the info. As for schedules I would just copy the room name and paste in the other fields as the pull down gets too long.

Your missing out on other things that a room can do too if just trying to use text.
                Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

• gregors
                  • January 16, 2014

Originally posted by MPwuzhere
                  You realize that by using text instead of filling out the room data your screwing your consultants when they try to copy your rooms to spaces right?

I've had over 600 rooms in one model, I never had any issues with room naming and numbering as I could just click the label and change the info. As for schedules I would just copy the room name and paste in the other fields as the pull down gets too long.

Your missing out on other things that a room can do too if just trying to use text.
                  oh..but are there any quicker ways? because my boss wants a more efficient way,faster.or just typing manually is the best choice?

Comment

• josephpeel
                    Forum Addict
                    • May 3, 2012

Sigh... keep trying you'll get it eventually.

Theres two pieces of information that you really need to fill in properly;
                    Room Number - Must be unique to identify a single room and if it gives some information about location (Like level number) thats also helpful.
                    Room Name - Must say what the room is and what its function is. I can see why you want to standardise this and have only a list of options but you have to put this in the room or it is useless.

For ANY OTHER parameter you want to add to rooms you can sort them by room name and change them for all rooms of the same type in one go, that is where revit saves time.

These two parameters are especially important for MEP guys because they are the only two we can import automatically without some extra add-ins and stuff.
                    Last edited by josephpeel; January 16, 2014, 01:59 PM.
                    "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment