Modifying families to cut with voids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying families to cut with voids

I need to edit a few families to add a void so they cut the faces they are hosted in. Creating the void and cutting is no problem, but when loaded back into the project I'm having to delete and re-place the families so they cut properly. Is there a way to make the family cut as needed without having to delete and rehost?
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Ummmm use the cut tool?? :hide:

Do you have "cut with void when loaded" checked in the family?
    Dan

Comment

cut with void is checked, cut tool doesn't seem to work =/

chad

Comment

This may just be a workflow and process check. Checked in 2012.

The family originally was "Cut with Voids". This family was used in a project and did not have any actual voids cutting the surface of the face in the family editor, just using the "cuts with voids" option checked. All set.

Wanting to edit families to cut with voids. Add void in family editor. Use the cut tool to cut void from surface of the face. Uncheck "cuts with voids" as now there is an actual void cutting the surface, not having the program create voids where geometry intersects. Reload into project. Family is replaced properly and does not need to be rehosted.
        Developer at Anguleris BIMsmith Marketplace.
        Previously at Sumex Design for ARCAT.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew K View Post
          This may just be a workflow and process check. Checked in 2012.

The family originally was "Cut with Voids". This family was used in a project and did not have any actual voids cutting the surface of the face in the family editor, just using the "cuts with voids" option checked. All set.

Wanting to edit families to cut with voids. Add void in family editor. Use the cut tool to cut void from surface of the face. Uncheck "cuts with voids" as now there is an actual void cutting the surface, not having the program create voids where geometry intersects. Reload into project. Family is replaced properly and does not need to be rehosted.
          well i'll be...

I had to join the family to the wall but it worked. :thumbsup:

chad

Comment