Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door/Architrave sweep...

Hey folks,

Just getting into creating revit families and was just wondering whether it is possible (and if so how difficult/time consuming) it is to create a door architrave with mitred corners, rather than one long sweep? Presumably I'd have to create a sweep for the side, and a sweep for the top of the door and then use a boolean subtraction to mitre them together? Or would a simple join command work just as well?

I ask this because I am making these doors with a view to creating photoreal visuals in 3ds max and it would be a lot easier to map various wood grains to seperate parts of the door frame, rather than having it go in the wrong direction because the whole thing was created as a sweep. I can post an image of what i'm trying to achieve if that's necessary (made some doors before in sketchup/3ds max).
    Last edited by Macker; November 15, 2012, 08:48 AM.

Originally posted by Macker View Post
    I can post an image of what i'm trying to achieve if that's necessary (made some doors before in sketchup/3ds max).
    That'd be nice. Kind of hard to help you otherwise.
    Developer at Anguleris BIMsmith Marketplace.
    Previously at Sumex Design for ARCAT.com

Comment

Yes this is all acheivable. I would make them as seperate components and nest them in your door family. Is the architrve just a flat (rectangular) section ? if so maybe use an extrusion to avoid to mitre problem, If they have a profile make them as a sweep and use a void to cut the miter.
      Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment