No announcement yet.

Add new control point to existing spline through points? - Not a hosted point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add new control point to existing spline through points? - Not a hosted point

Hello Forum

I have created a spline through points and would like to know if it is possible to add points to the spline that can control the spline, rather than being hosted on it? I am finding myself needing extra points as I model and starting again each time. However I do not want to start off with a spline with hundreds of points just in case as it becomes very confusing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of good video tutorials on splines also that would be great.

Many thanks in anticipation

Best Regards
    Tim Greatrex

Ok I found it, sorry if everyone who viewed this post thought this was too simple. Once you have hosted a point a button appears to make it a driving point.

Cheers
    Tim

Comment

No problem at all, and thanks for sharing the solution for future reference
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I also place a point onto a spline, but the newly hosted point's "convert point to driving" checkbox is greyed out. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by NCurtis View Post
          I also place a point onto a spline, but the newly hosted point's "convert point to driving" checkbox is greyed out. What am I missing?
          Don't look at the Properties window. Look at the Options bar instead, and click on "Make point driving".
          Last edited by Alfredo Medina; April 7, 2013, 04:28 PM.
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment