Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slicing mass, can you do it?

Hi,

I'd like to create a mass and then slice it longitudinally.

I'll have a trench that will follow a top surface. I was gonna create ref planes in certain intervals and then place mass profiles and create a form. Then i'd like to slice that mass. I though i was gonna be able to do it with "Divide surface" option, but i can't seem to be able to.

There are gonna be like 50 ref. planes, trench moving in all 3 axis. The problem is i'd like to have 3 masses running alongside like this, so instead of doing 3 different masses, i'd do one and then slice it. Is this possible?

How would you go about it if it isn't?

mass.png

Kind regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryan Razer; November 12, 2021, 12:32 PM. Reason: small typo
    MEP CAD / BIM technician - @MatevzPetric, LinkedIN
    Trying to learn something new every day

create levels in elevation or section. use "floors at levels" command. it will more or less create a line through the mass where you want, and you can create floors at those lines. Slicing..not so much though.

Comment

Argh, i just tried it. if this is what you want, it would be relatively easy:
      Unbenannt5.png
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by snuffy View Post
        create levels in elevation or section. use "floors at levels" command. it will more or less create a line through the mass where you want, and you can create floors at those lines. Slicing..not so much though.
        Thanks, but that doesn't seem practical in my case. I managed to do it relatively efficiently.
        I created a profile and i just place it on Spline point workplanes along, then blend. It's still work, but i think i can manage to get the end result.

trench.png

Comment

Originally posted by snuffy View Post
          Argh, i just tried it. if this is what you want, it would be relatively easy:
          Unbenannt5.png
          Appreciate the effort! But it's a complicated form. I think my approach is not so bad in the end. i think i'll be able to make it work.

Comment