Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you model tensile fabric sun shades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you model tensile fabric sun shades?

I am trying to model some shade structures. I figure using the massing tools is the best way to do this.
    Has anyone done this and have any insight?
    Using massing, the surface is segmented and create roof by face shoots out an error "Can't Make Roof".
    I will continue to try other avenues. :banghead:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The shade fabric will be a 5-point sail with two points at 25' and the other three at 35' while the edges of the fabric curve inward (I am using 62' radius).
    Attached Files

Look in to making an Adaptive Component, with 5 Placement Points. They are wonderful things.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

it looks like adaptive components are new to 2011. I am stuck in 2010 (the dark ages). looking to use a conceptual mass to create the "fabric" skin and hopefully be able to use the curtain panel pattern based family template to get something close. I am having trouble deleting reference points from the template to create a 5 point panel the panel seems to like being 4 or 6 or 8 points depending on the tile pattern grid. I wish there were a pentagon pattern grid like the hexagon or octagon versions. maybe I can edit one of those?
      Thank you for the thoughts Aaron, I shall keep trying different possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by GenreNomad View Post
        I am stuck in 2010 (the dark ages).
        We must be in the ice age then as we have some projects still in 2009...
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment