Curtain Panel Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curtain Panel Layout

Got a situation I'm trying to work through. Any ideas on how to cleanup the problem below? File attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Munkholm; September 1, 2011, 06:57 AM. Reason: Uploaded image to forum

Originally posted by hypnox1 View Post
    Got a situation I'm trying to work through. Any ideas on how to cleanup the problem below? File attached.
    looks rather familiar. Why don't your panels have width and height parameters to control the size of them?
    Attached Files
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

How can I get that to behave correctly like that with the adaptive components? I was giving it a try yesterday afternoon but did not meet success, only failure and he tends to be a depressing guy to hang out with.

Comment

How can I get that to behave correctly like that with the adaptive components? I was giving it a try yesterday afternoon but did not meet success, only failure and he tends to be a depressing guy to hang out with.
        adaptive components seems a bit overkill for a simple running bond pattern panel requirement. I used a specialty equipment family template and built the panels in horizontal arrays with parameters for individual panel width, array height, panel depth, joint size, etc.

Comment

Correct, for this form it is slightly overkill. I am using simplified forms for now while I learn how these components work. I found an option in the panels that forces them to fit to the grid system rather than run over it. It's sometimes greyed out and sometimes available so I'm trying to figure out what triggers it being available or not. The parameter is called component extents.

Comment

Correct, for this form it is slightly overkill. I am using simplified forms for now while I learn how these components work. I found an option in the panels that forces them to fit to the grid system rather than run over it. It's sometimes greyed out and sometimes available so I'm trying to figure out what triggers it being available or not. The parameter is called component extents.
            well, now ya did it...I've never dealt with adaptive components before but am now going to spend my weekend doing component playtime to see if they have any use for me for what I do.

Comment

and watch the files size go up by 10X real quick. But AM assures us performance will not be affected.........LOL
              Cliff B. Collins
              Registered Architect
              The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
              Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Originally posted by cliff collins View Post
                and watch the files size go up by 10X real quick. But AM assures us performance will not be affected.........LOL
                I've managed to put together a 300 mb adaptive curtain system file at this point and it hasn't really slowed down yet. My turd burgling laptop is mostly to blame for the slowdown as when I open it on a desktop there isn't any slowdown on that compared to the basic example provided by Autodesk for new installs. As was proven in another thread, size isn't really the killer. Sheer amounts of information needing to be managed tends to be.

Comment