• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jh75
    • March 21, 2011
    • Brisbane

Slab Step symbol using Adaptive Comp

Hi,
    I am trying to create an adaptive component that can calculate the height difference btw 2 slabs.
    As you can’t add a label to the adaptive components how would the best way be to display the value? I realise I can tag the component in the project but that is a step I would like to avoid.

Thanks
    JH75
    Attached Files
  • asintoras
    • June 29, 2015

Why not using Spot Elevations to show the levels on both ends of the slabs? I like your idea of creating a symbol capable of reading two different levels, but spot elevations might do the trick although it will be more work: add two custom spot elevations (showing just the elevation text), and add the symbol separately.

Comment

• elton williams
      Forum Addict
      • December 7, 2010
      • Gold Coast

Originally posted by jh75
      Hi,
      I am trying to create an adaptive component that can calculate the height difference btw 2 slabs.
      As you can’t add a label to the adaptive components how would the best way be to display the value? I realise I can tag the component in the project but that is a step I would like to avoid.

Thanks
      JH75
      I made one a few years ago, worked great until i had tons of the little suckers slowing my project down. Now i just use a type based annotation/DC which updates all at once by typing in a few numbers...
      Slab setdowns usually dont change much.
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment