Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone Bar, Many Blends HANDLE IT!

Fellow reviteers,

I am charged with modeling a solid stone bar for both documentation and rendering. I've expended my knowledge and resource library attempting to model this sucker and I humbly bow to you, the forumites, to point me in the right direction.

I've attempted to model this as normal geometry. The main problem I get is that there are many different profiles to the geometry which need to blend and join. Once I start cutting with voids to achieve the smaller details all of the joined geometry becomes unjoined.

I then began trying to get this to work as a mass attempting both vertical and horizontal slices to create a loft. This resulted in the multiple profiles not wanting to create the geometry.

Currently I am attempting to get some divided surfaces with profiles I can control but I'm not having much luck.

Along with the attached family, there is a start to a massing family with some framework of what I was attempting from the conceptual massing side. It was too large to upload so you can download that family here: Nightingale Bar Family 8-Mass.rfa

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks for your time and thanks for your help!
    Attached Files
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Might try creating it in FormIt vs the family editor...
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

@MPwuzhere, I am giving it a shot. Have any references for organic modeling in FormIt?
      .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment