Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully a simple query - Adaptive Point Workplane Hosting

Hello all.

I have an adaptive family that deals with Fire Egress Length. I had originally wanted to allow 3D cartesian space manipulation but we're running into problems with people at the firm not quite grasping how they work. As such I would like to make the family adaptive in the point placement sense, but not have any Z-direction capability (ie: Hosted only to a workplane).

Can anyone let me know how to make the adaptive points Workplane hosted only? I'm hoping the answer won't break the work already done.

Below is the family in the Family Environment and then the Project Environment.

Adaptive_Family_Fire.JPG Misused_Adaptive_Family.JPG

Sol Amour

Architectural Explorer, Digital warrior, Affectual adventurer and Curious Human Being
    Portfolio Website @ Cargo Collective

that will be up to the user on placement to select workplane in the contextual ribbon and not face, similar to a line based or face based standard family.
    Brian Mackey |BD Mackey Consulting
    www.bdmackeyconsulting.com/blog
    @Twitter

Comment

Hi,

Try using Shape Handle Point (Adaptive) & constrain to XY Plane?

Jolish C

Comment

Ok I'll try that, thanks Jolish!

I was trying to avoid that BD Mackey, but if it's the only solution then so be it.
        amoursol
        Last edited by amoursol; January 13, 2015, 02:59 PM.

Sol Amour

Architectural Explorer, Digital warrior, Affectual adventurer and Curious Human Being
        Portfolio Website @ Cargo Collective

Comment