concrete curbs in site plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

concrete curbs in site plan

if this is posted in the wrong area i apologize, not sure where it should go. one of our designers ran into an issue with modeling his concrete curbs and planters in the parking lot and being that we currently do not have a bim manager he came to me. i unfortunately could not give him an answer so i came here. from the sound of it the site plan is too complicated for a floor to be modeled and used as the curb. anyone have any suggestions?
    Nick Palmitessa
    CAD Operator
    HIGHLAND ASSOCIATES
    New York | Pennsylvania | New Jersey

Can you post a screenshot of the site?

I use floors as paving / grass all the time with a slab edge as my curb. It can get tricky if you have to edit the shape but can be done. You can also try using lines and an in-place sweep and/or fascia: http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...-question.html
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

You can also just use Walls--make a new type called Concrete Curb, give it appropriate Materials and thickness--then place the walls instantly by hitting the Tab key when selecting linework for the curb layouts in your site plan. The problem is when there is a good dela of slope on the site, getting the curb walls to conform to the topography. So--on a relatively flat site, walls work great. For a sloping site, you might need better tools, such as Eagle Point Siteworks for Revit.
      Cliff B. Collins
      Registered Architect
      The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
      Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Originally posted by npalmitessa View Post
        if this is posted in the wrong area i apologize, not sure where it should go. one of our designers ran into an issue with modeling his concrete curbs and planters in the parking lot and being that we currently do not have a bim manager he came to me. i unfortunately could not give him an answer so i came here. from the sound of it the site plan is too complicated for a floor to be modeled and used as the curb. anyone have any suggestions?
        try this thread, it may be what you are looking for
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment