Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Calculated Area in Material Schedule

Hello
    I have tried to find a thread in this forum (and the web) that tells me how to use an "Area" (calculated number from the Area function) to a schedules with "Material Takeoff". Want to calculate how much of a specific material is in one area. But I want it to be automatic.
    I think that I found out that it is not possible to do in Revit, just need someone to confirm it or someone to say that there is a way ...

Perimetr*Height?

Comment

Maybe, but there is a special BRA area that I need to take of the footprint of the building (so Area function is what works) and I need that number (which shows in the Area Plan Tag) .. Use what it gets from the area and use it in a Calculating formula in the Multi Material takeoff schedule, the m2 of the material divided with the BRA(Area)m2.. there I get a number that can change after how the designer sizes the building or the specific material of the building.
      So how can I get the Area (BRA) in to the Multi Material Takeoff ... this is maybe what I should have written in the first place

Comment

Use Whitefeet, a free addin for Revit which has the ability to push parameter values from one category to another.
        There's no automatic/native way unfortunately.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment