Gradient glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gradient glass

I am trying to get a Gradient glass from Opaque to transparent in both rendering and elevation.
    have Any idea?

You could try making a gradient map file (.png or .jpeg ) in Photoshop with the colors and percentage of gradient you need,
    then use it as a custom map in the glass material's render appearance. Take a glass material, duplicate it, and apply your custom map.

Renderings will then show the gradient glass. For elevations, try using a Realistic View with a 3D View oriented straight-on (front, side, etc. of View Cube.)
    Last edited by cliff collins; July 12, 2012, 08:21 PM.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

In your material editor, under the appearance tab, you can select gradient in lieu of an image file.
      Attached Files
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Has anyone figured this one out? I've tried and my image come out a patchy grey when I use a PNG file. When I try gradient, I don't see any option for making part of the gradient transparent - just two colors.

Comment

You can apply a gradient as a transparency that sounds like it will work, but I haven't tested it at all.
          Julie Kidder
          Architect + BIM Director
          Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

I did some time ago. As I remember I used photoshop to create a material with an alpha channel and it worked. You have to put the gradient mask into the cutout of the material, thus you have to start from a material that holds cut out.
            If I watch...I dream, if I listen...I think, if I do ...I learn.
            blog

Comment