Rotating fill patterns in a filled region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotating fill patterns in a filled region

It seems like you can rotate fill paterns as they are applied to model elements, but was not able to Tab select the fill pattern in filled regions. What am I missing? How do you rotate or reclocate the fill patern of a filled region?

You are missing something that's been on Revit's Wish List for years and years.
    For some unknown reason, you can rotate a Model pattern, but you can't rotate a Drafting pattern. :crazy:
    I resubmit that exact Wish every beta program I participate in, but it hasn't happened yet.
    There must be some deep, dark reason why, but it sure seems to me like it should be the same process for both.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

That makes them sort of worthless.....

Comment

Paschal,
        what exactly are you trying to accomplish? I agree that drafting patterns should be more manipulatable, but 9 times out of 10, when I thinki want to mess with a drafting pattern in a filled region, I realize what I really want to do is deal with a model pattern in a model component. Over time I have come to use filled regions for very little, mostly as an embellishment for materials in CDs, where rotating the drafting pattern is not needed.

Gordon
        Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

I was using them in some details I was working on. If they were easier to use, you might use them more often-having to enter sketch mode to make simple edits to a 2d component is a bit cumbersome. One would certainly expect consistency on how fill patterns are handled - if we can rotate and re-position in some environments, they should do the same in all situations. Just my opinion.

Comment