Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toposurface Material

hey all,

I have a material with a JPG-file as texture.
    When I apply the material to the toposurface, the texture is mirrored and rotated.
    But why???

test.JPG
    thank you for your help

I forgot to write something,
    on the left is a generic model, on the right the toposurfe. both with the same material.
    somehow, the toposurfaces doesnt show the material correctly...

Comment

I think it may have something to do with how you drew the toposurface. Did you put the points in counter clockwise?
      Dan

Comment

hi Dan,
        unfortunately, it doesn't matter how I draw it. the material just appears flipped...
        do u have any other ideas?

Comment

Can you post the material JPG so I can mess around with a topo and see if I can figure out something?

I just googled a few things, and it looks like it's been that way for a while. Back in 08, someone posted that you would need to tweak the material, rotate it, etc. etc. to make it work correctly on a topo. I've never tried it, but post the jpg anyway. Maybe someone here can figure it out.
          Last edited by dzatto; May 24, 2012, 03:51 PM.
          Dan

Comment

it actually can be any JPG...
            But I attached the one I used to test...
            good luck :thumbsup:

btw: my real intention is to use a google-earth-map (JPG) as the texture for the toposurface...
            22.05.2012_03h09m37s.jpg

Comment

well duh. :laugh: I just wanted yours with the arrow and text because it's easy to spot if it's backwards or mirrored.

anyway, check out this post. Scott does exactly what you are trying to do. I'm not sure of his technique, but maybe you can send him a PM and he can help you out.
              Dan

Comment