CAD imports... lost in space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAD imports... lost in space

Hi, can anyone explain what's going on here?

i have come across this before but never bothered to figure it out and now the problem is escalating.
    What I've got here is a screen shot of the project AA2872C, which has a bunch of AutoCAD imports in it that should not be there, they have arrived by copying objects from the first project (AA2128C) project to the next (AA2417C), and then copying again from that project to the next one (AA2872C) and it has brought all of the other projects CAD imports with it.

The first thing copied from AA2128C was a detail group which was pasted into AA2417C which brought the CAD imports with it.
    Then next, I believe a user has copied the imported file 'Chimney Abutment detail' from AA2417C into AA2872C and it has brought with it all of the imported files that were in the project.

I've just downloaded Ideate explorer but it can't seem to find any of the CAD file that have been copied over from previous project.

I am totally at a loss for how to figure this one out, please Help!
    CAD imports 1.pngCAD imports 2.png

Also, a point that my be worth considering here is that i think some of the CAD files had been exploded..

Comment

First - I would beat your users for importing CAD instead of linking.
      Second - if you can figure out the ID of the CAD you can select by ID. One of the Whitefeet add-ins will export that to Excel and you can theoretically go from there.

Otherwise I'm not sure. There was a thread a few weeks ago with a similar question - might try searching for it.
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Yes thats exactly what they've done - and then exploded the import! But, that dosent explain why these things are being copied over from one project to the next with out them being selected specifically, or does it??

I saw the link you posted with the video of White Feet's add in that found the ID's, but i can't seem to find it again, i'm sure i bookmarked it but i can't even find how to get to my bookmarks on this forum!
        Could you please post a link here or tell me which add in to use?

Thanks

Comment

http://www.revitforum.org/usercp.php
          Post Bookmarks - Revit Forum
          Thread Bookmarks - Revit Forum

look down at the bottom right you will see a section for bookmarks.

I personally would go for Whitefeet since it's free and he is pretty good about support if you have questions. I'm not sure about the CAD following your drawings though. Could they be in a family?

http://www.whitefeet.com/PublicDownload/
          Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
          BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

So I've finally had a chance to install and test the White Feet Add-In and I can report that it works!

However, while this is a solution to removing pesky dwg files that are lost in space, it doesn't explain how they came to end up in the project file in the first place?!

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated.

Comment